2.01.2005

I cooked!

Holy cow, I made some delicious soup! Ingredients: water, miso paste, concentrated kimchee spice liquid stuff, half an onion, a couple cloves of garlic, a few bite-size pieces of beef, a potato, a really small eggplant, fresh ground black pepper, and some cabbage at the very end. YUM! I hope it's ok to be reheated on the stove. I made a lot. In other news... some of the boys I teach have been professing their love for me. Today in one of my second year classes (that's like the 8th grade), a group of boys did rock/paper/scissors to see who would tell me,"You are the most beautiful in the world." Hilarious. What a bunch of cuties. The third graders are taking their high school entrance exams right now so they are really stressed and not much in the mood for talking. The girls are better than the boys though. Some of the 3rd grade boys are real jerks. A few refuse to call me by my name and instead call me something like "Kenny" or "Perry." I try to ignore it, but it can get really irritating. It may sound terrible, but I don't mind that they only have a few weeks junior high left. I have much better relationships with the 2nd and 1st years. Oh, I also met a few girls who will be 1st years next school year. One was pretty good at English, which is surprising since neither of the elementary schools that feed into my junior high have invited me to teach yet. Maybe she had English lessons somewhere outside of school. Anyway, it's past my bed time... おやすみなさい!

:

Post a Comment

<< japan journal