9.10.2005

What a night.

The night started out well enough... I went to eat at a "grill your own meat and veg" place with the gang since I haven't been out in a while. Everything was good, food was delicious, beers were cold. Next place was a bar called Red Line. Very laid back type of place with reggae music playing, but not hippyish at all. Met some very cool Japanese folk including a guy who kept telling me about being born in Paraguay. Oh, also, I saw the guy who used to mildly stalk me, but thankfully he didn't recognize me. After it was time to leave that place (after our "all you can drink" time was up) I was standing out in the hallway with my friends Ben and Steve. I playfully punched Steve on the arm and he comes at me with his fist. Of course, I move to miss it and he gets me on the chin with his elbow instead. I couldn't believe what had just happened. My head was hurting from the blow and I was getting very pissed off. I had to make myself stand still so I didn't do anything I'd regret. He is my friend, very drunk and acting stupid, but still my friend. He sobered up a little and apologized a LOT, so it was fine after a little while. I decided it was time to head home after that. I had only had about 4 drinks over the past 5 hours, so I felt fine to ride my bike. I was about halfway home when I passed a big police van. I didn't think anything of it since they were heading in the opposite direction, but after about 30 seconds, the van pulls up beside me and the cops inside use their loudspeaker to say,"Bicycle stop." (In Japanese, of course.) I was a tad worried since I probably smelled of alcohol and riding a bike under the influence is pretty illegal, but thankfully they just wanted to give me a warning because I didn't have a light on my bike. It was in my purse, so I put it on my bike, but the cop still took my alien registration card and wrote down all of my information and asked me a few questions. I kept trying not to breathe out too hard In the end, everything was fine and I made it home instead of jail. I hope this isn't an indication of the rest of my weekend.... I'll let you know if it is...

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see you now on your little bike tring so hard to not breath on them getting your little light out of your bag. I love it!!

12/13/2005 10:42 AM
 
Post a Comment

<< japan journal