2.28.2006

Dangerous milk!

At school today before lunch, the vice principal made an announcement for all the teachers to come back to the staffroom, which was unusual. When it looked like everyone was there, he proceeded to make an announcement about the milk in the school lunch. Apparently, some cartons had leaked (I'm not sure if it was on the delivery truck that brings the lunch to school or what), and the folks in charge of the school lunch for our part of town were warning the schools to check for more leaking cartons. Then the vice principal held up a carton, which he squeezed to show us how to check for leaks. He also held up a magnifying glass which we could use to check for tiny holes. He said that someone could have injected something into some cartons with a syringe. I had to bite my cheek to keep from laughing at that part. I think they were getting a little carried away with the milk-poisoning madman idea. He said,"It's scary, isn't it? I think no one will want to drink the milk today." The principal and I were the only teachers to drink any milk today. I drank mine and one of the other teacher's. They were delicious!

:

Post a Comment

<< japan journal