12.18.2005

60 hrs til good food hits my belly!

I had "Christmas dinner" with the young teachers from school last night. I am such a bad organizer though. I had made a reservation for 9 people and only 7 went but we still had to pay for 9 people's food. In the US, people would probably just turn around and walk out of the restaurant if they were told that. Anyway, I had a coupon, so everyone got a 500 yen discount. That helped a bit. We had lots of food and drink. Afterwards we went to karaoke together. It was the first time for me to go to karaoke with any teachers from school, and I was a little surprised at some of the performances. The baseball coach was hilarious as always. He's just an entertainer. The snowboarding temp teacher has a really good voice and he sang some good songs. The other three teachers were pretty good, and I was terrible. I sang "Walk Like an Egyptian" and tried to get everyone doing the dance, but they just laughed at me. Oh well! Also, at some point in the karaoke room, we were talking about my boots (I bought some pull-on, fleecy inside, leather boots) and how they were secondhand. One of the guys asked me if they smelled since they are used, so we all smelled my boots and decided they didn't smell bad. One of the other teachers even said they smelled good. I don't know if I'd go that far, but they definitely don't have "the funk." I'm writing this instead of packing like I should be. I wanted to send my bag down to the airport via delivery service, but I missed the deadline, so I have to lug the big thing down there on the bus and trains. I've got my mp3 player all sorted though, which is the most important thing, right?

:

Post a Comment

<< japan journal