1.19.2006

I'm dumb.

I had an all day conference thing to go to today, so I had to catch the bus into town this morning. I walked out the door and down the stairs to my bike, but realized I didn't have any money. I went back inside and got a 10,000 yen note (about $100). I had to ride my bike really fast to the bus stop and when I was almost there, I realized that I had money, but no bus card and no wallet. This meant I had to pay my 230 yen bus fare with a 10,000 yen note. Bus drivers don't carry that much change usually, so I thought I might have to buy a 5,000 yen bus card which I didn't want to do. I waited until a lot of people got off the bus to tell the bus driver my situation and he said,"Ohhhh, that's gonna be difficult." (In Japanese, of course.) He gets on the intercom of the bus and asks the rest of the passengers if they have change for my bill. I was so embarrassed, but a nice old man said he had change so I was saved. By the way, I forgot important stuff like my wallet and bus card, but I managed to bring my juggling bean bags and water gun. How do I get through the day? Also, when I was walking home from the bus stop this evening, the old man walking in front of me farted. It was hilarious. That's all I've got today!

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you dont have any money in the bus,you can pay to the other bus (of course that have to be the same bus company)when you get change here in Sendai.Ive done few times!

1/20/2006 12:24 PM
 
Blogger kelly said...

I did not know that, Kyo. Thanks for the info!

1/20/2006 5:43 PM
 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, you are a nut! Mom told me I should read what you wrote about the bus ride, and I must say that I wasn't disappointed. :-)

1/24/2006 12:30 AM
 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

carryin' on the irwin tradition i must say!

2/17/2006 10:06 AM
 
Post a Comment

<< japan journal