2.19.2006

a gift from a stranger

I was standing at the bus stop when a woman standing behind me gave me a Pooh bear tin with nice little cookies in it. She was with a little boy who was being really cute and shouting "Come on, bus!" down the street so I said "Awww, he's so cute!" they're tasty!She laughed and then shoved this tin in my hands saying,"Please, take this, we have a lot! We got them for free!" It was really funny. There were a few other adults and a couple more kids with her too. They were all loaded down with Disney stuff. I didn't quite catch how they got all of it, but the Mickey doll the 9-year-old girl was holding was almost as big as she was. I told them I am an ALT and the little girl was telling me about the ALTs that come to her school. It was all very sweet. I have been feeling bitter about being here lately, so the whole thing made me remember how nice it can be here. Hopefully my culture-shock cycle is on the way back up. Winter really makes me pissy!

:

Post a Comment

<< japan journal